I focus on product marketing, evangelizing and selling for the education business market. I help startups and non-profits become successful.
Growth, leadership and ROI
Early-stage startups to mature enterprises
Focus on special needs
I’ve helped create multiple brands and sold through multiple channels including: direct-to-teacher, district selling, and reseller channels. My goal is to be a connector between ideas, companies, users, and teams.
Some of the things I do:
– Develop vision, thought leadership, digital marketing, and go-to-market strategies
– Oversee marketing for portfolio companies
– Manage simultaneously several distributed marketing teams
– Manage budgets from $0.00 (scrappy startups!) to nearly $1MM/yr
– Engage nonstop with educators, coaches, and edtech leaders
In the last year, I’ve actively involved in the broader education-business market as:
– Co-chair the 2015 SIIA’s Education Business Forum event
– Co-Chair of Keiretsu Forum Education Committee
– Organizing committee of SIIA’s Education Technology Industry Network
– Coach/mentor at Startup Weekend Education Oakland
– Judge at Edtech Investor Summit
My background includes directing edtech marketing departments Junyo and EdLights. I was marketing director at PowerCloud (acquired by Comcast), and managed various communications responsibilities at Netflix from startup through IPO. I’m active in Full Circle Fund, a social-impact organization in San Francisco.
I wrote a top-selling book about pursuing athletic excellence called “Gold in the Water” that is being adapted into a film documentary for the 2016 Rio Olympics. I’ve sat on several nonprofit boards. I swam the English Channel and completed 3 Ironmans. My first job out of Dartmouth College was teaching at an international school. I want to work with companies, products, and people that are making a positive impact on learning outcomes.
Registration is currently closed.
We've been waiting for you!
Join Arc's family today by signing up for our newsletter and more.